@ Pepperdine University:

Ecology (BIOL 311)

This course introduces the student to the basic concepts of ecology, which is the scientific study of the distribution and abundance of organisms and of the interactions between organisms and their environment. Topics covered include population dynamics, community structure, ecosystems, competition, and predation.

Behavioral Ecology (BIOL 330)

This course examines the relationships between animal behavior, ecology, and evolution. Emphasis is placed on behaviors as survival mechanisms. The course investigates predator-prey interactions, mating behaviors, aggressive interactions, communication, parental care, and altruism. 

Zoology (BIOL 212)

This course offers an overview of animal biology. The lecture emphasizes biological concepts associated with the evolution, diversity, and ecology of animals. The laboratory focuses on dissections, field observations, and manipulative experiments.

@ SUNY College at Old Westbury:

Ecology (BIO 4470)

My 16 students engaged in original research by participating in the Permanent Forest Plot Project of the Ecological Research as Education Network. Students also learned field methods in freshwater ecology. I had primary responsibility for teaching the field-based lab section. 

Basic Biological Sciences II (BIO 2410)

This is the second course of the introductory series for biology majors. Taught once; I had primary responsibility for teaching the ecology and evolution module of the course (3 lectures).

@ Stony Brook University:

Chordate Zoology (BIO 344)

This writing-intensive lecture/lab course explores the diversity, natural history, and evolution of chordates, emphasizing the living vertebrates.  Taught once; I had primary responsibility for teaching one of four lab sections and supervising an undergraduate teaching assistant.

Fundamentals of Scientific Inquiry in the Biological Sciences II (BIO 205)

The second course in the foundational laboratory sequence for all biology students. Students experience the research process, develop a wide range of laboratory skills, learn to read and write scientific presentations, and collaborate in formal inquiry.  Taught once; I had primary responsibility for teaching one lab section of 21 students.

@ CUNY Queens College:

General Biology: Life Forms and Ecosystems (BIO 107)

This lecture/lab course explores the subjects of ecology, evolution, and biodiversity. The laboratory component of the course involves the examination and dissection of preserved and living specimens.  These activities are designed to enhance the development of student dissection skills and the understanding of evolutionary relationships.  Taught twice; I had primary responsibility for teaching one to two lab sections of about 21 students.

Principles of Evolution (BIO 287/587)

A combined undergrad/Master's course focusing on the ways in which genetic changes in populations lead to adaptation, speciation, and historical patterns of evolutionary change.  Taught once; I had primary responsibility for teaching two recitation sections of about 12 undergraduate and Master's students.